Information and perspective alone do not bring about change. These must be communicated in ways that inspire, encourage and empower different stakeholders for action. Through empowerment, leaders and organizations acquire the practical skill sets and capacities necessary to lead effectively.
Organizational Capacity Building – Through our CGLF team and a growing corps of senior colleagues from our network, we offer workshops, consulting services, and executive coaching in:
- Strategic planning using the Appreciative Inquiry Model
- Board development
- Leadership team development
- Organizational structure
- Program development, alignment, & evaluation
- Marketing & communication strategies
- Fund development including proposal writing
- Conflict resolution
- Volunteer recruitment & management
- Focus group for community engagement & network utilization
- Social enterprise development
Seminars in Urban Mission – Drawing on the expertise of our staff and our network of colleagues, we offer seminars on a wide variety of topics such as urban spirituality, holistic mission, understanding and responding to poverty, mapping neighbourhood assets, etc.
The Church & Affordable Housing Conference – Since 2006 this regional gathering has convened every other year. The expense and complexity of best practice affordable housing requires broad partnerships for long-term sustainability. The Christian community has more expertise and resources to offer in partnership than most people realize. It draws several hundred participants from across the full denominational spectrum as well as from secular partners in the governmental, non-profit and private sectors.